School fundraising is a process that can feel like a lot more stress and work than fun. In order to make sure that your fundraiser is successful and fun instead of stressful and boring, pay attention to these do’s and don’t’s!
DON’T Make These Mistakes
School fundraising isn’t rocket science, but it does require a bit of knowledge and skill to get right. Don’t make these mistakes!
- Using the same volunteers for every fundraising event. This leads to a lot of tired teachers and parents who aren’t able to work as effectively due to burn out.
- Using the same fundraising idea more than once during a school year. This decreases the want or need for the product and ensures that student salespeople and parents will get sick of selling it.
- Relying on parents to do all of the selling. Kids should be participating in school fundraisers to learn valuable leadership and sales skills—don’t let them get shorted by over-involved parents!
- Forgetting to thank everybody who volunteered their time. This mistake ensures that you will have fewer repeat volunteers and fewer volunteers in the future.
DO These Things to Make Sure You Sell Some Dough and Make Some Dough
Thankfully, there are many simple ways to ensure that your school fundraiser is a smash success. Make sure you’re doing the following during your campaign!
- Get the students involved in the process. They will be more excited to sell products if they helped to choose them.
- Get everyone involved in the fundraiser, including students, parents, volunteers, and teachers. The more people that are involved, the more that you will sell.
- Give incentives to children who sell certain amounts to encourage and reward them.
- Set concrete deadlines and goals to correspond with them to help remind everyone what you are shooting for (and have it not feel like a total loss if you don’t meet your ultimate fundraising goal).
Claire’s Gourmet Keeps Fundraising Fun!
If you are looking for a way to help your children and the organizations they are involved in develop fundraising strategies, hosting a fundraiser with Claire’s Gourmet is a great way to do so. We are happy to help you every step of the way, from choosing the delicious products to sell, to planning the fundraiser, to keeping track of your progress online, we have you covered. We have been working in schools and organizations since 1969 to offer high quality products like gourmet desserts, pizza, popcorn, and sweet treats that sell themselves and help you meet your fundraising goals. For more information on our fundraising programs, visit us online or give us a call at 800-359-1919. For more fun fundraising tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.